Civil Litigation Personal InjuryEmployment Law
- Fordham University, BA cum laude 2009
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, JD cum laude 2013
- Trial Advocacy & Litigation, cert. 2013
Catherine is an experienced and accomplished litigator with a passion for helping others. Catherine practices civil litigation representing her clients in personal injury, premises liability, property damage, medical negligence and commercial litigation matters. She has been lead counsel in over 150 cases, and handled cases at all stages of litigation, from inception to resolution through settlement, arbitration, or at trial. Catherine has a passion for victims’ advocacy and assisting individuals who have been victims of childhood or sexual abuse.
Catherine attended Fordham University and received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in English and Communications in 2009. She studied law at Temple University Beasley School of Law where she obtained her J.D., cum laude, and a certificate in Trial Advocacy & Litigation in May 2013. While in law school, Catherine interned with the Honorable Anne E. Lazarus of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania and subsequently served as a law clerk to the Honorable L. Philippe Restrepo, in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, through the Federal Judicial Clerkship Honors Clinical program. Catherine also served as a certified legal intern in the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, assisting crime victims in seeking justice.
Catherine has focused her education and career on honing her skills as an advocate so that she can better serve her clients’ needs. She was a member of the Temple National Trial Team where she won the championship at the National Civil Rights Trial Tournament in 2012, won the Best Advocate Award at the American Association of Justice Trial Tournament in 2013, and was a finalist in the Fordham Law School Kelly Competition in 2011. Catherine also won the Barrister’s Award for the best advocate in Trial Advocacy I, Trial Advocacy II and Advanced Trial Advocacy. Upon graduation, Catherine received the Jerome M. Staller “Excellence in Litigation Award” presented to the school’s most promising civil litigator. Catherine has taken that training to the courtroom and obtained favorable results for her clients in front of a jury at trial.
She was asked to return to Temple as an adjunct professor at Temple University Beasley School of Law in the Advanced Trial Advocacy Program, coaching Temple Law School’s National Trial Team in 2014 at the National Civil Rights Trial Tournament, and most recently coached the team in the Capitol City Challenge in Washington D.C in 2018 where the team advanced to the semi-final round and took home the Professionalism Award. She served as a volunteer mock trial coach for Girard College from 2011-2017, and served as a volunteer mock trial coach for A.I. duPont High School in Wilmington, Delaware from 2018-2020.
- National Civil Rights Trial Tournament Winner, 2012
- Best Advocate Award at the American Association of Justice Trial Tournament, 2013
- Barrister’s Award for Best Advocate in Trial Advocacy I & II and Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Jerome M. Staller “Excellence in Litigation Award”
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Torts Section, vice-chair 2017-2018 and co-chair 2018-2019
- Women and the Law Section (Legislation and Advocacy Committee, 2019-present)
- Young Attorneys Section
- Delaware Young Lawyers Distinguished Service Award Committee, 2018-present
- Profundo Bono
- The Richard S. Rodney American Inn of Courts
- Delaware State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- New Jersey State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Speaker, Delaware State Bar Association Fundamentals of Client Relationships, March 2020
- Speaker, Delaware State Bar Association Tort’s Section Deposition Tricks and Treats, October 2019
- Moderator and Speaker, Women and the Law Retreat Panel, March 2019
- Moderator and Speaker, Delaware State Bar Association Preparing and Giving Openings and Closings at Trial, March 2018
You have been a true pleasure to work with and again I thank you!
I can tell you that you were an absolute Godsend, and I don’t say that lightly. If it were not for you, and later Steve, I am not sure I would have been able to keep it together.
You were prompt with responses no matter if during the workday, after hours, or the weekend, and you always brought a ray of hope to keep moving forward. This is over the top and something I have never experienced, and I truly am very grateful for. This has been a very distasteful and ugly matter to deal with, but you have been a true pleasure to work with and again I thank you!!
Thank you for the expertise, knowledge, and advice!
I wanted to again thank you for the expertise, knowledge, and advice you offered throughout the process of filing/settling the suit related to my mother’s case. Your guidance was invaluable during all the steps, decisions, and options that needed to be discussed and decided. I wanted to express my appreciation for all you did for our family to support us through the process.
I will highly recommend you and your firm to others and will use your services again as needed in the future.