Business & Corporate Litigation Civil LitigationCreditors' RightsLegal Writing Consulting
- Widener University Law School, 2009, cum laude
- University of Delaware, 2006, Political Science
Steve is a partner in the firm who focuses on trial and appellate litigation in all of Delaware’s courts, serving local businesses and individuals. He handles disputes in and out of court relating to real estate, business and corporate law, fiduciary relationships, and creditors' rights. He also consults with attorneys on legal writing and appellate matters.
Steve lives in Lewes with his wife Jessica. He is a graduate of Cape Henlopen High School, and his family lives in the Cape region.
- Top Lawyer in Delaware Today for Business – Commercial Law in 2019 and 2020
- Top Lawyer in Delaware Today for Appellate and Business – Commercial Law in 2017 and 2018
- Top Lawyer in Delaware Today for Civil Litigation and Contract Law in 2016
- Delaware Supreme Court, 2009
- Delaware Federal District Court, 2010
- Property owners and developers
- Local businesses and their owners
- Closely held companies and their stockholders or members
- Banks, private lenders, and other creditors
- Fiduciaries and beneficiaries of trusts and estates
- Law firms and their clients litigating in Delaware Courts
- Delaware Superior Court, 2009-2010
- Sussex County Bar Association, Past President, 2019-2020
- Delaware State Bar Association, Executive Committee Member
You have been a true pleasure to work with and again I thank you!
I can tell you that you were an absolute Godsend, and I don’t say that lightly. If it were not for you, and later Steve, I am not sure I would have been able to keep it together.
You were prompt with responses no matter if during the workday, after hours, or the weekend, and you always brought a ray of hope to keep moving forward. This is over the top and something I have never experienced, and I truly am very grateful for. This has been a very distasteful and ugly matter to deal with, but you have been a true pleasure to work with and again I thank you!!
Excellent Lawyer, What A Relief!
I am so lucky that I found Chase to defend me in an automobile accident. I was never in a situation where I needed legal help before and was incredibly stressed. At our first meeting, I quickly realized that he was genuine, informative, and upfront. He knew exactly how to handle my unique situation and put me at ease. Chase’s wonderful paralegal, Diane, kept track of all my medical bills/missed work while I recovered. She also gave me frequent updates when anything new was happening. If I had not gone with Chase and his team, the financial burden would have been immense. Don’t try to handle the extreme stress of a lawsuit on your own! Focus on recovery and let Chase do the tedious work.