Luke has broad legal experience, including in the areas of general litigation, legal ethics, municipal government, land use, internal and government investigations, compliance, and environmental law. In addition to practicing law privately, Luke has held senior leadership roles in both the corporate (Global Head of Litigation at AstraZeneca) and government sectors. A Delaware lawyer since 1988, Luke has handled and managed matters in Delaware, across the United States and globally.
Luke’s litigation experience includes general commercial litigation, municipal and state government litigation, personal injury and toxic tort litigation, environmental and insurance litigation, patent litigation and criminal defense.
Following his roles as Chief Disciplinary Counsel in Delaware and as an Adjunct Professor of Law teaching professional responsibility at Delaware Law School, Luke now represents and advises law firms, law departments and individual lawyers in the area of legal ethics.
Luke’s municipal government experience includes roles as the solicitor for the City of Wilmington, the Rehoboth Beach Planning Commission, and the Town of Fenwick Island.
Luke has conducted and defended against internal and government investigations, including while at AstraZeneca and as Chief Disciplinary Counsel.
In the area of environmental (and related insurance law), Luke has pursued and defended environmental cost recovery claims; represented policy holders; negotiated insurance commutation agreements; enforced and negotiated environmental indemnification agreements; and sat on the boards of corporate entities managing significant environmental liabilities.
- George Washington University, National Law Center (J.D. 1988)
- Order of the Coif
- George Washington Law Review, Book Review & Articles Editor
- Haverford College (B.A. 1985)
- Supreme Court of the State of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the State of Delaware
- Multiple internal and external awards for work as in-house counsel at AstraZeneca
- Best Lawyers (Commercial Litigation) (2024)
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Law 360 Legal Ethics Advisory Board
- Delaware Supreme Court Standing Committee on the Delaware Lawyers’ Rules of Professional Conduct