What We Do For You
Truth, Transparency and Accountability. These principles guide our law firm and are the touchstones of the mass tort and class action practice at Baird Mandalas Brockstedt & Federico.
Services We Provide
Mass tort and class action cases arise when a group of people are harmed or injured because a company chooses to maximize profits without concern for safety. These cases typically involve litigating claims on behalf of a group of people arising out of a single act or multiple events occurring over time. A benefit to handling cases on behalf of a group of people is the ability to build leverage and efficiently prosecute the case – quite simply, there is strength in numbers.
Why Hire BMBF
One person can make a difference. One lone voice is powerful. And these cases always start with one person having the courage to come forward. However, we also understand how effective it is to have a single story told by many voices. At BMBF, we listen, guide and lead our clients through these cases never losing sight of the benefit we were hired to achieve. Our track record speaks for itself:
- $140 million remediation recovery in a groundwater contamination case
- $123 million settlement in a class action case involving pediatric sex abuse
- $65 million recovery for property damages and personal injuries in an air pollution and groundwater contamination case
BMBF is currently litigating cases:
- On behalf of more than 50 public school districts and private schools seeking to hold JUUL accountable for the vaping epidemic affecting school systems across the country.
- Seeking to stop the New Indy Containerboard plant from polluting the surrounding environment with noxious, toxic emissions.
- Representing governments across the United States seeking to hold the opioid industry accountable.
- On behalf of school districts across the country seeking to hold social media companies accountable for their role in the national youth mental health crisis and severe social media addiction in children
We are currently investigating the following cases:
- Groundwater contamination cases against a variety of poultry processing plants
- The manufacturer of fire-fighting foam, AFFF
- The manufacturer of a solution called methylene glycol, used in hair straightening treatments
- Seeking clean water and remediation for the Elkton, Maryland community polluted for years by the nearby W.L. Gore facility releasing dangerous “forever chemicals” into the air and water
In 2023, partners Chase Brockstedt, Phil Federico, and Brent Ceryes were named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers for their industry-leading work and the impactful results our team has obtained for our clients. Learn more here. If you or someone you know has been injured by environmental pollution or contamination, a medical device, defective drug or any of the products identified above, please call BMBF. Our experienced team of lawyers can help you.