Location: Wilmington, DE Office
The Paralegal will assist attorney(s) by providing administrative, clerical and research support services including commercial transaction document preparation and review; pleading preparation and review; research, investigations, and fact checking; and trial preparation.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including commercial transaction documents, in addition to routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories, files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources.
- Communicates with clients and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Familiar with legal document management systems
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases using Soluno.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred Additional Experience in the following areas: Commercial Real Estate transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, leasing), M&A/asset acquisitions and dispositions, commercial finance, licensing applications, Division of Corporations filings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience and physical requirements:
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required, Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Some related experience preferred.
- ABA approved Paralegal program preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
Other related duties as assigned.